Sunday, March 29, 2009

Boomer Esiason CF Fundraiser

OK, it's Sunday evening and I'm somewhat tired. I was donating my photography services for a Cystic Fibrosis Dance Fundraiser all day today for a close friend of mine's daughter, an event called "The Motion".

I started around 8:30 by setting up a booth area to exhibit some of my recent works, which was stalled because there wasn't an area for me, we had to create one. OK - we finally moved tables around (we were in a cafeteria) and I got things set up - 9 - 16 x 24's here, 1 - 16 x 24 here, the pano here and finally the etched granite here! Good - that's done.

Next, I set up the camera equipment and started to photograph the dancers. The first one on deck was Leslie Feliciano from NY. He really had the class moving - I was getting tired just watching them and him------------! There were several others including The FR3SH Dance Company, Zumba with Ann Poko, Philadelphia KIXX Dance Team and finally Juli Kell.

A local radio DJ was the MC, and many vendors were setup selling their "goods", and the food was Great! Everyone donated either products, time or services to this great cause.

OK, 10 hours later the finally, a local band called Hiccup Hellen who rocked the house for about an hour. I have to admit, I didn't stay until the end - I have a rough time with really loud noise, but they were good and I have images to prove I stayed!

OK, that's it for now. I must get to process the images and post them for all to see.

Until then - sleep well----------------------

2 comments:

  1. Jan,
    You are a true professional and a wonderful person for supporting Alexandra through your photography. All of the dancers were so excited they had an onsite professional. Leslie knows how to work with the photographers when teaching so I began to notice even the youngest "working" the camera. I cannot wait to see the images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo's are fantastic- I am signing up for your next class, I am technically challenged compared to you- hope you are going to post some of them for people to see how exciting the event was and how much fun the dancers had. Great job from a great photographer and good friend.

    ReplyDelete