Sunday, March 4, 2012

Cooking Classes with a Former Student

On Saturday, March 3rd, Deb and I were invited as guests to a cooking class on "Homemade Pasta" which was put on by a former student of mine from my night classes - Sheila McDuffie. She runs "The Kitchen Country Cooking School", located in the Upper Bucks County area.

Classes are small, only 6 of us. Each person had their own work area around this beautiful hand made table; made by her husband. After a short demo, we were each given flour and 2 eggs, then dug in! In a few minutes, we each had a ball of dough to start making pasta.

This first image is the kitchen where our class was held - a typical beautiful county farm house style.



Next, is Sheila and one of her youngest students, Olivia!



Next, she is demonstrating how to prepare the dough that will run through the pasta maker as seen in the following image.






The next set of images are Deb and me digging in!















By the end of the class, everyone that didn't eat what they made, went home with either fettuccini, ravioli or both! I had my fettuccini and was impressed - if I must say so. Even Deb liked it!

When we have the opportunity to do so, we are going to take another class! We had a great time and really learned quit a lot! Of course, we need to invest in the attachments for our mixer.

Click Here to visit Sheila's website! Also, go to her blog and sign on, she needs lots of hits to be concidered for publishing her first cookbook!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I see that you really like cooking and dedicate much time to it. Students, on the other hand, don't have much free time for this. Here I've found an interesting article about it:
    Recipes & Ideas for On-Campus Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! What is yous point of view on ads placed on blogging websites?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I haven't put much thought into it. Contact me on my e-mail or cqall so we cna chat!

    I hope you are enjoying my blog. Please feel free to sign on as a follower!

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete